The Australian Timber Importers Federation Inc (ATIF) is the peak national body representing the business interests of timber and wood-based product importing and wholesaling companies. ATIF represents and advocates for the importing sector of the timber industry in national fora.
ATIF is governed by a constitution and board of directors. The Federation interacts with Federal Government ministers and departments on various issues, such as the strategic importance of timber imports to housing and domestic employment, legality assurance and certification systems and forest management policy and practice.
ATIF also assists member companies to:
- Strengthen their commercial performance.
- Improve market opportunities and competitive advantage in order to increase overall demand for timber and wood-based products.
- Understand and discharge relevant environmental responsibilities.
- Support and promote timber and wood products innovation, research and development.
- Understand and improve phytosanitary and border protection issues relevant to timber and wood-based product imports.
- Improve business interaction related to customs, tariff, border changes, logistics, freight and related matters.